There may be occasions where you need to change your phone number on sprint.com. You can change your phone number to a different number anywhere Sprint provides service. There is no fee for changing your number when using My Sprint.
- You cannot choose a specific number. A new number will be randomly assigned.
- You cannot change your phone number more than 3 times in 30 days.
- Once your phone number is changed, you cannot switch back to your current number.
- You will need to set up a new voicemail account and all your saved voicemail messages will be lost.
- Changing your phone number will remove block or allow lists associated with that number. You will need to manually set up these lists for your new number.
- You cannot port over a number from another carrier through this self-service process.
You might need to change your phone number if:
- You need a new phone number in the same area
- You need a different area code for this phone
- You are moving and need to change my billing address and phone number
To change your phone number on sprint.com:
- Sign in to sprint.com with your username and password
- Click the My Preferences tab
- Under Things I can manage online – account, click Change Phone Number.
- Select the phone number you wish to change.
- Select one of the following options:
- Select Next.
To keep your current area code and change your phone number:
- Click I need a new phone number in the same area.
- Agree to the Terms on the following page and click Continue to change your phone number.
- Your new phone number will display.
Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network. If your phone number does not program automatically, you will need to manually enter information to complete programming. See the Important section below for more info or contact the Sprint Customer Service Number.
Your phone will need to be programmed with your new phone number. Many of our phones program automatically over the air on our network.
- Turn on your phone.
- Wait a minute and then try to make a phone call. If you succeed, you are done.
If you cannot make a phone call, you will need to manually enter the information below to complete programming:
- Master lock code
- New phone number
It may take up to 72 hours for the new phone number to display for Caller ID. Please wait 15 minutes for your new number to appear on sprint.com Contact the Sprint Customer Service Number for assistance.